My Happy Lil Family

My Happy Lil Family

Thursday, October 2, 2008

A good week!

What a nice week it's been!
My company left on Monday. We had such a great time, and it was so nice to slow down, hang out, and just relax. Of course, we did manage to go out and do a little booty-shakin on Saturday. That was tons of fun.

Sunday brought the dreadful Cowboys Redskins game. I do not know how that team does it....they could lose 10 games in a row, and the one game they are sure to win will be against US! BOOOO! Oh well..... we are going to kick them in the butt in DC. And next season, we are going to the new stadium to see them play! My hubby already promised! I can't wait.

Monday and Wednesday were "no break" days. Anyone who is a teacher or has been a teacher knows those days are twice as long as the others. Luckily my kids were really good. Last night, Tony and I took the kids to the fair. We had such a great time. No lines, and awesome weather. We had corn dogs, pizza, cheese fries, and of course, Tony had a huge turkey leg that made me want to puke! I love the fair, and I love fair food. We saw tons of animals, and just had a great time.

This weekend....should be a nice, slow weekend. Tony and I are going on a "date" while the kids are at their dad's. Not sure what it is going to be yet.... but I'm sure it will be fun!

Oh, and I almost forgot.... last week I had my interview for my REB award. I think it went really well. I don't think they will fund the whole thing, and I may not win at all....but I was happy with the interview. It was a great opportunity to really think, once again, about why I do what I do. Hurry up November 10th!!! If things go well, Tony and I could be going to Hawaii!! (It would only pay for me, but we've been planning on him going if I win....) His work trips to Japan and Germany will be the only thing that will hold him back from going. Hopefully the schedule will work out so that if I win, he can go. We may even try to take the kids, but I'm not saying anything to them just yet, just in case. It's a longshot that I'll even win.....

2 comments:

Jenny said...

If I could vote for you, I would in a heartbeat. I think you're amazing at what you do. Keep me posted!!!!

Yeah, I would have puked over the turkey leg too. Dave would have been ALL OVER one of those. Ick!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Fingers crossed for the reward!