My Happy Lil Family

My Happy Lil Family

Monday, January 21, 2008

Progress....

Well it was a very productive weekend. Yesterday, I met Shannon and got myself measured for her wedding. Then, we took Abbie and got her all measured and ordered her dress for her role as flower girl in Shannon's wedding. She looked sooooo beautiful.
Today, I went to David's Bridals with 5 pictures in hand that I had printed off their website. Four of them were very non-traditional bridesmaids dresses, and one was pretty traditional. I ended up going with the one that was pretty traditional, or "classic" may be a better word for it. It's short, right above the knee, satin, boat neckline, and I ordered it in "truffle" a deep, dark brown. I also ordered a "peek a boo" skirt, which is basically a slip with a colored edge that sticks out in "pool", AKA Tiffany Blue. I also added a sash of the same color of Tiffany Blue. I really like it. I feel like it's a traditional dress made a little less traditional with the blue. I'm excited now that we have narrowed down a color and can move on to other things.

We are going this weekend to register. At first, I felt a little funny about it since I've been married before, we live together, and obviously already have a lot of "stuff". BUT, as Tony reminds me, this is his first wedding, and hopefully his only wedding, so he doesn't think he should get cheated on doing this stuff because of me. It would be nice to have some things that are "ours" instead of "mine", so I'm following his lead on this one. Worst case scenario, we do it for nothing and no one buys anything, but it's ok.... we will have fun picking stuff out. Who wouldn't???

In other non-wedding news, my dad is moving to Abu Dhabi in the middle east for 2 months!! CRAZY! His company from which he retired, wants him to go as a consultant! Apparently it's very safe, and he's looking forward to it. I'd be scared to death, but at 72, he's excited!! They leave February 1st.

Off to do some school work for my class tomorrow night.

No comments: