My Happy Lil Family

My Happy Lil Family

Monday, March 23, 2009

An update on our chaos

I started to update, and sat here for a minute thinking "what can i say?". Life hasn't changed much from my last update, so I guess I'll just basically repeat the same stuff!
1. Annie is over.... it was soooo cute and the kids did an amazing job. I think Mason is happy for some down time, and I know I'd like some!

2. Abbie's play is this weekend. She has "tech week", AKA "Hell week" in adult circles because of the late night practices until they get it right. It's in Petersburg, 45 minutes away, so needless to say, it's a strain sometimes. But it will be so worth it! I'm so excited to see her on the stage. This will be her first play. I think she got jealous of big brother getting all the "acting" attention!

3. Tony's classes are underway and he is LOVING it. This is such a change because he really DID NOT enjoy his undergrad classes. He is really bonding with the guys in his group and is loving the learning! He talks about it all the time and I'm really seeing professional growth in him. I can't wait to see what professional opportunities this brings him. It all culminates with a international trip, and I've already told him I'm SOOO going with him! He amazes me how he gets up at 3 am everyday, goes to work in DC, gets home at 5:30 or so, and then manages to take Abbie to play practice.

4. I am LOVING my internship. I love teaching, but this stuff is just so exciting! I guess it's just so cool to me to be doing this stuff after 15 years in the classroom. I seriously love every bit of it, even the boring paperwork. It's a lot of work and it's very, very challenging mentally for me. I really feel challenged and it makes the day go by so quickly. Again, I'm very excited to see what the future holds for me professionally!

5. I am super excited about April being pregnant. I found out today if she is having a girl, she wants to name her Evelyn, which just makes me teary to think about.

6. And on a side note, I can't wait for spring break so I can deeeeeep clean my house. With all of the above going on, the house is getting cleaned, but not de-cluttered. Watch out kiddos and hubby- if you want to keep it, you better find a place for it, because I'm about to attack. Goodwill and AmVets are gonna love me.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Sounds like things are going really well. I am glad you are enjoying your internship :)