My Happy Lil Family

My Happy Lil Family

Saturday, August 30, 2008

2 more days?!?!

For real? Is that all that's left of summer? That just doesn't seem right. How can that be? I just got into "relax" mode a few weeks ago! Someone has been messing with the calendar.

It's been a busy, busy week. I've been back at work, which in some ways, has been nice. I always feel so productive. We are doing a few things very differently this year, and I'm excited about it. I like to constantly be analyzing what I'm doing, looking for a better way to do it. I guess it was the whole National Board process that did that to me. I'm changing my behavior system in my class, and we are all revamping the way we teach math. I really expect to see some major results. I hope I'm right.

I worked today for about 4 hours and got a lot done. It's amazing how much more I can get done on a Saturday than I can during the week. After that, I took the kiddos shopping. Whew. What a different experience that was than normal back to school shopping. For one, Mason actually has an opinion now about his clothes. He didn't complain about trying anything on, and he picked it all out himself. No more Gap and Target for him.... he's into Aeropostale and American Eagle now. And Abbie.... oh Lord.... help me. Children's Place is too "baby" now. She didn't mind Target and actually got a few things there. The rest came from Limited Too. Not that she got much-- she totally understands cost and realized she got a lot more from Target than she could at Limited Too. But still..... $40 for a skirt for her?? I don't think so. She settled for some basics from there. I know what she can ask PawPaw and Gramma Jean for for Christmas from now on....gift cards!

Tomorrow.... Tony INSISTS that I leave the house, all alone, and "do something for myself". I told him I don't have anything to do, and he insists that I "find something". Get a massage, go shopping, or just go get coffee somewhere.... he is a sweetheart. Insists that I've been working too hard and I need to let him hold things down and get away. Not sure yet what I'll do. (I was gonna take the kids to the pool!) Anyway, it's sweet all the same.

He's a keeper.

No comments: