My Happy Lil Family

My Happy Lil Family

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to Meeeee!

Today is my birthday. 37 years old. Crazy, huh? I don't mind. In fact, I love my birthday. I love that I'm alive. I love that people guess my age at 27, and when I was 27, people thought I was older! I definitely feel younger now than I did then.

So, instead of New Year's resolutions, I thought I'd make birthday resolutions. Seems like a good time. Birthday, new husband, school starting....

1) Exercise! I was doing so well. And fell off the wagon. Football season is starting and that is our favorite time of year sports wise, so it will be a challenge. We both love Sundays with friends or at home, watching games, camping out at Bdubs, making pots of chili and munchies and wearing our jerseys and yelling for our teams. But, I have to do all of the above in moderation and get my fat butt or (phat butt as my husband would say) back in the gym or start pounding the pavement again.

2) Reading-- I love reading during the summer, and once school starts (my night classes- not my day job)-- I tend to not read. It is a huge stress reliever for me. I need to keep a book beside my bed and read at night for a few minutes.

3) Money- I'm taking over all of our finances and I have some definite goals where they are concerned. We are cutting back on eating out, paying off the wedding, and saving for the future.

4) Homework- I'm going to stay more on top of Abbie's homework and studying. I tend to stay on top of Mason b/c he needs it more, but I want to stay on top of hers too.

5) Family- I want to try to make a better effort to stay more connected with my sisters. Maybe even try to get out to Seattle to see Theresa.

Lofty goals..... wanna take bets on which ones I stick to and which ones i never even start?!?!?!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy 37!!!!!! I wish you lots of luck with your goals-and yes you do look 27!

Kimmber said...

A late happy birthday!!!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Happy belated b-day!