My Happy Lil Family

My Happy Lil Family

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Running, or trying to....

So, last year I decided to run the Race for the Cure. I made it just past mile one, and had to stop. Ran on and off for the rest of the race. I'd say I ended up running about half the time. Not what I planned on. BUT, I know what my mistake was. One, I had never run on hills- ever. My neighborhood is pretty flat, and the one big hill around, i always walked it or avoided it completely. So the up and down of the asphalt really hurt me. Secondly, I always run with music. Always. I was running with someone else that day, which I had never done before, and I thought it would rude to have my Ipod on. Little did I know, he was bringing his, and turned it on at the very beginning!

So, this year, I'm going to plan ahead! My goal is to start training now and be able to run the whole time. I know 5K is not very far. Most people who "train" are training for a marathon or at least a 10K, but for me, it's a huge deal. I've never run over 2 miles, that those 2 miles are painful for me. So, today, I started a training program I found that is meant specifically for a 5K. Todays workout only took about 30 minutes. I love that it was short! I have tomorrow off, and hopefully can get in Monday to do it again. We will see. I really need to do it.... one, to get in shape and be healthy, and two, to relieve some stress!

Maybe since I wrote it here, I'll stick to it. Maybe.

No comments: