My Happy Lil Family

My Happy Lil Family

Monday, June 30, 2008

One month to go!

One month from tomorrow. I'll be married again. That is just so strange to me. I can't believe it's almost here, and I won't be single anymore! (not that I really am now!)
I have thoroughly enjoyed being single, besides the financial aspects. I have changed and grown in so many ways. Before, I thought I'd just die if I was alone. I wasn't sure I could do it. But I did it. House repairs, yard work, bills, managing the kids.... I did it all, and I think I did it well. I have learned that I absolutely CAN stand on my own two feet, and can take care of myself. Sure, it will be wonderful to be fully committed to someone to help with all of that, and allow him to take care of me as well, but it feels great to know that I've done it. I'm not the same person. I like to think I'm more confident, more of a problem solver, and more conscientious about what really matters in life.

All that being said, I'm very excited about the wedding. Shannon's wedding was Saturday, and it just brought my own wedding more to light. It's all so real now. Very, very exciting. I can't wait to look down the aisle, see Tony at the end of it, and be surrounded by all of our friends and family. Such a comforting thought.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the pink!!!!!!

I cannot believe it's less than a month now-where has the time gone?

Alexis Jacobs said...

I can't believe how close that is! I swear it feels like yesterday when you announced your engagement. How exciting!