My Happy Lil Family

My Happy Lil Family

Monday, July 7, 2008

My Homesick Boy

So Mason left Saturday for boy scout camp. He was sooooo excited. We worked all last week getting his stuff together. Then, he and Tony worked for about 1 1/2 hours, rolling it all, packing it in plastic bags, and getting it all in his bag. He left Saturday morning at 6:15 am, a little nervous, but excited.

The first call came about 9 am, still excited.
The second call came about noon, a little less excited.
The third call came at 6:30 am Sunday. Tears.
The 4th-10th calls came throughout the day yesterday. Tears. Come get me. I hate this.

He hasn't even been there a full, normal day yet. They were just registering and getting settled yesterday, but he hates the latrine, the bugs, the sleeping conditions (not in a tent), and he's homesick. It absolutely broke my heart. Tony, on the other hand, thinks he needs to get himself together, suck it up, and stick it out. I wanted to get in the car right then and go get him. We've agreed he needs to stick it out today. Then, we'll see.

He's also using the cell phone I let him take as a crutch. I never thought he'd call that much though. I asked his friend's dad to take the phone and hold it for him and only let him use it once a day. I can't take it more than that. :-(

I feel awful for him. I'm hoping he'll stick it out today, get used to it, relax, and have the time of his life and not want to come home at the end of the week. Well, maybe not that part. I still want him to want to come home.

Oh...good news.... I found a Wii Fit finally!!! I signed up for Wii Alerts and they sent me a text telling me Toys R Us online had them. I logged in immediately and ordered it by 8 am this morning!! Woooohoooo!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

OH NO!!!! POOR BABY! I'm so sorry-for both of you! There is nothing worse than feeling homesick and I can only imagine how hard it is being on your end. Let me know what happens... :0(