My Happy Lil Family

My Happy Lil Family

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday

So James left PA yesterday. I talked to Mason, and he is doing much better. He says he loves it there now, and wants to go back next year. I was so happy to hear his happy voice. I can't wait until he gets home. I'm still a little worried about how Tony is going to deal with this. He is still just so disappointed for a couple of reasons. One, he is upset with himself that he misjudged how Mason would be at camp. He really thought all of the "scouting" activities he has helped him with would have better prepared him mentally. Secondly, he is just so disappointed in Mason in general....he thinks he could have dealt with all this on his own instead of depending on dad. I'm torn. I do think he overreacted a bit, but the mom side of me says "he's 11". I don't know.

We went to see the SATC movie last night. I had seen it, but he hadn't, and I wanted him to. He liked it....thought it was realllllly long. It did feel long last night for some reason. He thought it was mostly Carrie's fault b/c she didn't have her phone and hear his messages and if they had talked ahead of time, she could have reassured him again. My thought is that he shouldn't have needed reassurance. She had done that the night before!! I found myself still crying at the same parts I cried at the first time.

Just looked at all of Shannon's wedding pictures. Question after looking at them.... why didn't my daughter smile? She is halfway smiling in one. None in the rest. That's her "thing" now...not to smile. GRRRRRRRRR

1 comment:

Kimmber said...

I'm with you, he is 11. I don't think you should even bring it up when he comes home. Every other boy there had their father, he didn't. That probably made the difference. I'm sure he feels a bit bad about how he felt too.

As for SATC, I totally agree with Tony! And I thought she should have listened to him in the street. He freaked, sometimes you can't control it. (((just like your ds couln't control how he felt at camp. ;) )